The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can vary based on how much you’re exposed to and how long you’re exposed. Low exposure can mimic flu-like symptoms, such as a headache, fatigue or nausea. Higher or extreme exposure can cause:

  • Severe, migraine-like headache
  • Drowsiness
  • Disorientation
  • Confusion
  • High heart rate
  • Unconsciousness
  • Seizures
  • Heart failure
  • Coma
  • Death

You can’t see or smell carbon monoxide. That’s why it’s so important to have a carbon monoxide detector on each floor of your home and outside bedrooms. That way, you can be alerted if there’s a problem in the middle of the night.

Annual furnace maintenance with AC Mechanical is another way to protect yourself against carbon monoxide. This service ensures your furnace is working properly and safely. We check all critical parts, including the heat exchanger, which can leak carbon monoxide if it cracks.