Having the right humidity levels in your home is crucial for balancing comfort and healthy indoor air quality. Although your preferences may vary, the Mayo Clinic recommends 30-50% for indoor humidity. You can easily keep track of your home’s humidity by installing a Lennox® smart thermostat and a whole-house humidifier or whole-house dehumidifier as needed.
If your home has too little humidity, you might experience:
- Itchy, dry skin
- Chapped or cracking lips
- Scratchy throat
- Increased allergy or asthma symptoms
- More frequent illnesses, like colds or the flu
- Static electricity
- Damage to wood flooring, furniture and cabinets
- Dry air that feels colder than it really is
If your home has too much humidity, you might be dealing with:
- Mold, especially in bathrooms
- Condensation on windows, walls and the ceiling
- Musty odors
- Clammy air that feels warmer than it really is
If you’re concerned your home’s humidity levels are imbalanced, call our AC Mechanical professionals at 307-778-0515. As your local Lennox Premier Dealer™, we’re committed to your total comfort and complete satisfaction.